Xavi Reija is performing with Beledo & His Friendsat the MoonJune Festival Toledo on October 1, 2023.
Xavi Reija is one of the most accomplished drummers and composers in Spain, and he recorded and performed live with Steve Hogarth (Marillion), David Bustamante, Tony Levin, Nitai Heshkovits, Pep Sala, Mónica Green, Carlos Tarque, Markus Reuter, Víctor (OT), Lichis, Gary Willis, Jon Robles, Abraham Laboriel, Juan de Diego, Kathy Chiavola, Llibert Fortuny, Paulinho Lemos, Steve de Swartd, Bruce Ewan, Bobby Radcliff, Charlie Sales, Oscar Stagnaro, Rusty Bogart, Marty Bauman, Diego Amador, Pedro Sosa, Joaquin Calderón, Fernando Arduán, Warren Senders, Bob Pilkington, Joan Sanmartí, Leanne Fayne, Brent Larkham, Kenny Neale, Ñako Goñi, Dany Boy, Vicente Borland, Victor Mendoza, Jon Urrutia, Pedro Sierra, Chapi Pineda, Rafael Garcés, Viçens Soler, Viçens Solsona, Lucas Masciano, Alfonso Mora, Javi Ros, Dani Flaco, Edu Monteagudo, Gerard Costa, Alex Martínez, Chiqui Calderón, Jofre Bardají, Ivan Ilic, Omar Guzmán, Johnny Branzicio, Sonia Moreno, Rafa Garcés, Carmen Cano, Jesús Fuster, Rubén Palacios, Paco Perera, Gemma Abrié, Ivan Ilic, Patxi, Clara Luna, Aleph Aguilar, Salvador Aumedes, Eduard Estivill, Carlos Segarra, Gerry Duffy, Nina, Mikel Herzog, Fidel Vázquez, Fran Rojo, Núa, Nikka Mills, Jesus Fusté, Sophie Soph, Paco en la Luna, Miguelo Delgado, Jesús Bienvenido, Alejandro Vega, Carlos Latre, Atenea Carter, D’Ebony, Joé Juanós quartet, Bruno Sotos, Laura Garí quartet, Joan Claver Trio, Güru, Miguel Talavera and several doen of multi-gentre artists from all around Spain.
Xavi has released three albums with MoonJune Records: Resolution, XaDu and The Sound Of The Earth.
– Graduated from L’Aula (Liceu Conservatory) 1997.
– Specialist in Modern Music from INCANOP 1996
– Diploma, Summa Cum Laude in Performance by Berklee College of Music, 1999
– Medaille d’Or, Jazz Music, by the Conservatory Montserrat Caballé in Perpignan, France 2007.
– Master in Music Therapy from the García Sanchez Psychology and Training Center, Madrid, Outstanding (2018).
– Master in Music Management from the Catholic University of Cuyo, Argentina, Outstanding (2019).
– Master in Intellectual Property Universidad Católica de Cuyo, Argentina, Outstanding (2019).
– Master in Clinical Neuropsychology from the University C.L.E.A. Mexico, Outstanding (2020).
– Endorser and clinician of the brands Yamaha Drums EU, Paiste Cymbals, Wincent Drumsticks.
– Author of “How to develop your musicality on the drums vol.1 and vol.2” translated into Spanish and English.
– Author of the collection in Kindle version, How to develop your musicality on drums vol. 1-2-3-4. translated into spanish and english
– Author of the book Improvisation and emotions, self-published
– Co-author of the scientific study “The Creative Drummer” carried out together with Professor Rafael Ramírez, published in the MDPI Brian Sciences Journal and carried out at the Pompeu Fabra University of BCN.